Roasted Sweet PotatoesDifficulty: Easy
Sweet potatoes are a delicious superfood! Roasting brings out their perfect sweetness and they can be a side dish or a snack. Toss them with turmeric – a superspice if there ever was one – and you are happily eating your way to good health. This recipe can be adjusted for as many sweet potato cubes that will fit on your pan – just add a little more oil and dash a bit more spice on them before you roast. Also, buy the darkest orange potatoes you can find – the darker the color, the more nutrient dense the potato.
1-3 sweet potatoes (depending on size), scrubbed, peeled, and cubed
olive or avocado oil
1 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp pepper
a few dashes of salt
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Line a large baking pan (preferably with sides, so the potatoes don’t easily fall off) with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cubed potatoes with oil and spices. Stir until all the pieces are well coated.
- Pour the potatoes onto the pan and arrange them so none are touching.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring and flipping the potatoes every ten minutes or so.
- When the cubes are tender and starting to brown and crisp on the edges, remove them from the oven, let them cool a bit, and enjoy!
- Roasted potatoes keep for several days in the fridge.