Delicious dairy-free and gluten-free banana pancakes
These are nutrient-dense, totally delicious pancakes that just may change your life. To be clear: they do not taste exactly like regular pancakes, but they look like them! And they are super tasty, particularly with the right toppings. I love to slather mine with almond butter and a bit of fruit or jam. It’s a great way to start the day (or lunchtime or dinnertime), whenever the craving strikes. Though there is no flour to hold these together, the egg and banana do the job admirably.
1 large mashed banana
1 tbsp flaxseed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat a griddle to medium-hot.
- Whisk in the other ingredients.
- Whisk the eggs and blend them into the mashed banana until well-combined.
- Grease the griddle with non-dairy butter or spray, if needed.
- Carefully ladle a small amount of batter onto the griddle. Repeat and fit 3-4 pancakes.
- Let cook for several minutes. When the pancakes start to hold together, carefully flip the pancakes over. You may want to use a second spatula to help with flipping, using the side of one spatula to help leverage the flipping.
- Cook for several more minutes until the pancakes are cooked through.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve hot!