Blueberry Flax MuffinsDifficulty: Easy
These muffins are moist, delicious, packed with nutrition, and both gluten and dairy free. Flaxseed is a nutritional powerhouse and I love being able to grab one of these as a snack any time of the day knowing that I’m doing great things for both my body and my taste buds. They freeze well, too, and heat up perfectly in about 40 seconds in the microwave.
1/2 cup almond, soy, or other dairy-free milk
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or other neutral oil
1 generous tsp vanilla
1/3 cup date sugar or coconut sugar
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 cup almond flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries. If frozen, rinse and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and spray generously with avocado or coconut oil spray. (I spray even when using liners as I like to easily peel the paper off.) If not using liners, spray your muffin tin well.
- In a large bowl or mixer, whisk eggs, and then add oil, vanilla, milk, sugar, and syrup. Mix until well-combined.
- Add flax, flours, spices, and salt and mix until just combined. Sprinkle baking power and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour or scoop batter into twelve muffin cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool and then try not to eat all of them at once. They can be stored at room temp for a day or so or frozen as soon as they have cooled.